TicketBai: what is it and what are the deadlines for its implementation?
TicketBAI is the new system for the
sending and certification of invoices
issued by all economic activities in the Basque Country. In fact, this is a joint initiative of the three Regional Treasuries and the Autonomous Administration, although the implementation dates have varied from one Provincial Council to another.
The new system allows greater control and monitoring of the income of companies and self-employed individuals by the Treasury, which wants to ensure compliance with tax obligations.
In short, to make progress in the
fight against tax fraud
through new technical and legal requirements.
Regarding the question on whether it is TicketBai mandatory. The answer is
Under TicketBAI, any natural or legal person with activity in the Basque Country, or subject to its tax regulations, must use an invoicing software.
that complies with the requirements of said system.
- TicketBai implementation
The implementation of the TicketBai program has been uneven in the three Basque provinces. In fact, Alava is the only territory that has completed the process for all taxpaying individuals or companies. These have been and are the
deadlines and implementation schedules
in each of the provinces:
- Mandatory as of July 1, 2022:
Those who regularly provide management services in tax matters.
- Mandatory as of September 1, 2022:
- Mandatory as of November 1, 2022:
Retail trade, hotel and lodging sector.
- Mandatory as of April 1, 2023:
Construction, real estate development, transportation and recreational, cultural and personal services.
- Mandatory as of June 1, 2023:
Agricultural activities, dependent livestock, forestry, fishing, as well as manufacturing, wholesale trade, telecommunications, financial, artists and other obligors.
The fact of anticipating the obligation of implementing the TicketBAI one month before the voluntary period makes tax benefits possible, for example, a 60% deduction on the related costs.
- January 1, 2022: Beginning of the voluntary period and opportunity to obtain tax benefits.
- April 1, 2022: Consultancy firms (individuals and legal entities) that collaborate with the Provincial Council of Alava.
- July 1, 2022: Retail trade of medicines, sanitary and personal hygiene products, and professional activities included in Section 2ª of IAE epigraphs.
- December 1, 2022: all other taxpayers.
- January 1, 2022: Beginning of the voluntary incentive period.
- January 1, 2024: Beginning of the mandatory period.
How TicketBai works
The adaptation of the SAP system to TicketBAI is not simple. And, as we have already mentioned, it must be paid for by a certified company. At i3s we have developed the solution
designed so that entities with SAP management systems can switch to the new electronic invoicing system.
to the new electronic invoicing system
without any problem.
We can install TicketBAI in any of the Basque territories. This will enable your company:
- Generate invoices for each product or service provided.
- Send the information to the corresponding tax authorities automatically and digitally.
- Generate the TicketBAI digital certificate that allows the electronic signature from your device.
- Sign with the software developer’s company code.
- Create a file adapted to the format TicketBAI-Batuz.
- Comply with the new regulations through a solvent and fully guaranteed support.
Remember that every company established in Basque territories will sooner or later need an invoicing solution.
adapted to TicketBAI. Failure to do so will lead to penalties, as will tampering with the software and/or your computer files.